Beyond Body Positivity: Cultivating Body Kindness
Virtual Workshop: Beyond Body Positivity
Cultivating Body Kindness
with Amanda Mittman, MS, RDN, LDN
Founder & Owner of Happy Valley Nutrition
Thursday, May 4th, 2023 • 6:30pm – 8pm
What if, instead of trying to fix or change our body like we have been taught, we begin to honor our here-and-now body with kindness and acceptance? In this workshop, participants will learn ways to deepen and appreciate their relationship with their body, examine their body story, honor grief that can arise as their body changes, and develop new ways to cultivate body respect. This is your place to rant about diet culture and the negative effects it has had (and continues to have) on us. No matter where you are in your body image journey, this workshop is for you.
Learn more about Happy Valley Nutrition by clicking here.
ABOUT AMANDA MITTMAN, MS, RDN, LDN
Amanda Mittman, MS, RDN, LDN is a Registered Dietitian specializing in eating disorders, disordered eating, intuitive eating, and body image. She is the owner of Happy Valley Nutrition, Western Massachusetts’ ONLY group practice of weight-inclusive, fat-positive, Health at Every Size™ aligned dietitians supporting adolescents through adults.
In addition to counseling clients and running her practice, she is a lecturer in the Health Sciences department at the University of Massachusetts and supervises other Registered Dietitians on how to incorporate body image counseling skills into their practice. She is a frequent speaker on topics such as body image, Health at Every Size™, Intuitive Eating, weight stigma, and recognizing eating disorders and disordered eating in clinical practice.
- Master’s of Science (MS) in Functional Nutrition, University of Bridgeport
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor from the authors of Intuitive Eating
- Body Image Coach Certified in Bri Campos’ Body Grievers Method (TM)
- Specializes in Body Image, Intuitive Eating and Health At Every Size ™ Paradigms and Practices
- Member of ASDAH (Association for Size Diversity and Healthy), WIND (Weight Inclusive Nutrition & Dietetics) and EDRDPro
Location: Online - Follow the Registration Link!