You may start placing your frozen case orders on Monday, October 26th, either in-store or online.
It's time for our Frozen Case Sale! Get special prices on full cases of select products by ordering either in-store or online between Monday, October 26th and Sunday, November 1st. Just click the button below to get started!
Read the following directions to learn how to reserve your Frozen Case Sale order and all about online shopping at your co-op! Webcart selections will be limited to the case sale items listed in the flyer above. The process for curbside ordering and pickup will remain the same for now, but expect further updates on this coming soon!
To Place an Order at the Store
1. Visit the tent directly outside the store and say hello to one of our friendly staff members.
2. Let us know which case(s) you would like to buy and provide a name for the order. There is no limit to the number of cases you can buy!
3. A staff member will go ahead and get your case(s) ready for you. You can choose to wait at the tent or go inside to do the rest of your shopping.
4. Return to the outside tent to pay for and pick up your case(s).*
* If shopping inside, please note that the price of your case(s) will not be included in your regular checkout. You will need to return to the outside tent to pay for and pick them up separately.
To Order Online through Webcart
River Valley Co-op online shopping is designed to allow you a quick, easy, and pleasant shopping experience. Select your items, choose your pickup time, and then let us do the shopping for you!
- In-store pickup times: 9 am – 9 pm; Curbside pickup times: 9 am – 5:30 pm
- Orders can be placed as little as two hours ahead of time, all the way up to ten days in advance
- On the day your order is scheduled, our shoppers will do all that they can to ensure that you get everything you ordered as requested
Be sure to include any notes you may want to include on the Shopping Cart page and mark “Allow Substitutions” for items that you’d be willing to accept an alternative for, or select "Allow All Substitutions" at the top of the Shopping Cart page, just in case we are out of stock of your original item.
We have bi-weekly (and occasionally three-week) sales cycles starting on Wednesdays and ending on Tuesdays.
Helpful Tips to Get Started Shopping Online!
If you are already a River Valley Co-op owner, you will need to create your online account by following these steps:
- Click on “Login/Register”
- Click the “Setup Online Account” link
- Under “Reset Method” choose either email, text, or phone number based on what you have on record at the co-op
- Enter the verification code that is sent to you
- That’s it, you’re all set!
There are multiple ways to shop online with River Valley Co-op:
- Use the search bar at the top and search by whatever product, brand, or type of item you’re looking for
- Select a department from the top menu bar and browse by department
- When looking at items, use the filters along the sidebar to narrow down the items by brand, department, category, sub-category, or health attribute
- On your shopping cart summary page, remember to add any notes to specific items or the whole order in general
- Be sure to check “Allow Substitutions” for any items you’ll accept a similar item of (in case we are out of stock of your first choice); you can also select "Allow All Substitutions" at the top of the Shopping Cart page and we'll find the closest substitutions for any out-of-stock items
How to create a shopping list:
One of the great features of our online shopping experience is the ability to create a shopping list. Do you have regular items that you buy every week? Create a list and you can order those at the click of a button! Or, do you need to make a list for that birthday party or other event you're hosting next week? No problem! You can also make lists for specific occasions and simply add items as you remember them. There are a couple of different ways to get a list started so that you can easily add items to a list wherever you are at in your shopping process:
- From any item page or listing, you will see the "List" button located above the “Add to Cart” button (please note that you must be logged in).
- Click on "List" and you can add any quantity of that item to an existing list or create a new list right from there.
- From your shopping cart page, you can also select to move (and delete from your cart) any item to one of your lists, or copy an item (and keep in your current cart) to any list, as well.
You can also manage your lists from your account page. You can access your account options from the top right, where it says Hello, (your name). From the drop-down menu, select “Lists." Here you can manage the items in any of your lists. You can also select to move (and delete from your list) any item or the whole list to your shopping cart, or copy an item or the whole list to your cart as well.
Online Shopping FAQs
What if I can't find an item on the site?
If you are unable to find a product online but think we still carry it, add a note in the Instructions box during checkout. Enter as much detailed information about the product as possible and we'll make our best attempt to find it for you.
Can I add special instructions for items?
Yes! For instance, do you need avocados ripe for guacamole today... or do you need them ripe tomorrow? You can add special instructions to any item in your shopping cart from the Shopping Cart page. There is also an option to put instructions that apply to the entire order, such as "Please don't put produce in plastic bags."
How do substitutions work?
By default, we do not substitute items. From the Shopping Cart page, you may select "Allow Substitutions" for specific items or select "Allow All Substitutions." Selecting this lets our shoppers know that you'll accept a similar item if the original one you selected is unavailable at the time we prepare your order. You will be charged the price of the substitute item. Please be aware we do carry a lot of unique products, thus not all items will have a suitable substitute available.
Does River Valley Co-op deliver?
At the moment we only accept orders for curbside pickup, although we are exploring options for a delivery service in the future.
Is there an order minimum I need to meet?
Currently, there is no order minimum.
How far in advance can I place an order for pickup?
We will accept orders placed up to 10 days in advance.
What about beer and wine?
Yes. Our Wine & Cheese Department is available to shop online and has a large selection of beer and wine you can choose from. An ID verifying that you are 21 will be required at the time of pickup.
How do I know if an item is on sale?
Sale items will have the original price struck through and show the sale price below the original price. They'll also show the savings amount in the bottom corner of the product image.
Can I change the date and time of pickup for an order I've already placed?
Please give us a call at (413) 584-2665 ext. 315 if you need to change the pickup date and/or time for an order you've already placed. If it's for a later date or time than your original order, then it is no problem. If it's for an earlier date or time, we will do our best to accommodate the change - but be aware we may not be able to always process the order earlier than your original selection.
Can I review my order once it's placed?
You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select "Past Orders." Here you can see an order you just placed, as well as any other previous orders. You can also easily duplicate a past order from this menu, as well. If you realize you forgot an item, just give us a call at (413) 584-2665 ext. 315 and we'll add it to the order for you.
Can I save an order I haven't finished yet?
You sure can. Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you add to your cart will remain there until you either check out or remove the item yourself. Please keep in mind that if you place items into your cart while not signed in, those items will not be saved.
How do I add an item to an order I've already placed?
Please give us a call at (413) 584-2665 ext. 315 and we'll happily add any missed item to your order for you.
How do I cancel an order I've already placed?
Please call us at (413) 584-2665 ext. 315 if you need to cancel your order.
What if I need to return a product from my order?
Returns will be handled the same way as any other purchase from River Valley Co-op. If you are not 100% satisfied with a product, bring your receipt to our Customer Service desk within 30 days and we'll credit the item back to you through your original form of payment.
I received an incorrect product. What should I do?
Our shoppers will do their best to make sure you get exactly what you ask for, but remember we're all human and mistakes can happen! Call us at (413) 584-2665 ext. 315 or email us at email@example.com, then we'll credit you back for the wrong product and get the right one ready for you at the store.
For Sale Items:
- You will always receive the price of an item based on your pickup date.
- If an item is not on sale when you order but is on sale at the time of pickup, you pay the sale price.
- If an item is on sale when you order but is not on sale at the time of pickup, you pay the regular price.
For weighted items:
- The amount you pay will be finalized when we process your order on the pickup date.
- Please note final product weight may vary slightly from your originally selected weight.
We strive to offer you a world-class online shopping experience here at River Valley Co-op. If you have any compliments, criticisms or suggestions, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.