Run for the Board!
It’s time to start thinking about running for River Valley Co-op's Board of Directors! The Board of Directors consists of nine members, elected from the general Membership. Elections are held annually and Directors serve 3-year terms. The three candidates who receive the most votes will be elected for 3-year terms, starting January 2021 and ending December 2024.
In an effort to better educate new candidates about Board work, including the time commitment involved and the associated responsibilities, the Board has created a list of optional preparedness activities. These include attending a Board meeting, and some reading. See more information below.
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2020.
IMPORTANT READING FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATES
If you're considering becoming a candidate for the River Valley Co-op Board of Directors, please read the following important background documents:
- Board Application (Read this first)
- About River Valley Co-op Board Governance (description of how our Board operates)
- Board Policies (complete version, pdf)
- Give and Get
- Annual Reports (link to pdf report downloads page)
- For more information, contact Mark Devlin at email@example.com